Friday 24 May 2019

Hanmer Camp

                        Hammer Camp
   This week our class went on Hanmer Springs camp. We stayed at the Hanmer Springs Forest Camp. On the first day my group went  in the Hanmer Forest to do orienteering. We were looking for Little pipes with numbers and letters on them. We had to write all the letters we found or group ended up getting 140 points the lady From Activity Hanmer. Every group  had to add their points up. My group came second last. After orienteering we got to go to the hot pools for 3 hours. I really enjoyed it because we got to go on the Super Bowl, in the lazy river and they opened a 40 degree pool for us. It was so good.

On the second day my first activity was tree climbing. We had to put on a harness and a helmet and we learnt how to abseil down the tree. It was fun. I made it to the top of the first tree but I couldn't be bothered trying the second one. After tree climbing we went mountain biking. It was fun at the start but then we had to bike for another hour and a half and I hated it.
Our last activity was a cemetery study and a bush sculpture walk. The sculptures were really cool because they were massive and carved out of wood. We got to go back to the hot pools which was cool.

On the last day my group went up Conical Hill. I took all of the shortcuts even though I wasn't allowed to. We got a good view at the top. When we came down we went to the lolly shop and I spent $10 even though we were only meant to spend $5. LeBron spent $20 and he got heaps of lollies.

I thought camp was really fun but I thought Mistletoe Bay camp was better.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kash

    I really enjoyed reading your post all about Hanmer Camp. It is such a great place to go on camp.
    I enjoyed my time there with T3 & T4. My favourite activity was the Sculpture Park walk. The sculptures were awesome! My favourite was the Eagle. I thought that was so cool!
    What was your favourite activity on camp? I bet it was the Lolly shop!!

    Keep up the good work.

    Mrs Costello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kash,
    Thanks so much for posting your camp writing on your blog. I really enjoyed camp and I hope you did too! My favourite activity was the sculpture walk. I thought the sculptures were incredible! I am a little bit disappointed that you didn't share any of your lollies with me!
    Keep up the great posting, I would love to see some more of your work on your blog.
    Miss H :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kash. I like this blog post because you explained every thing you did and you also put it into paragraphs. Good job from James.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.